Monday, December 1, 2014

Ali Cooks: Peanut Noodles

Even though I didn't return to a 'job' today, it was still rough facing my Monday of a different kind of 'work.'  Getting the motivation to revamp my resume yet again, to write yet another cover letter, to clean up the apartment, and to make some progress on my other to-do list tasks were not motivating enough for me to remain energized.  In fact, I have been downright TIRED today.  I have been sleepy/crabby, and at one point this afternoon, I decided a nap was in order, since it might help my overall productivity.

So I napped.

Unfortunately, my case of the Mondays continued, but I did get to spend some bonding time with the kitchen this evening.  Brian was smart and stayed out of the kitchen while I prepared dinner, and luckily he enjoyed what I made, too.  This morning I bought ingredients to make Spicy Peanut Noodles...however, while cooking I forgot to add the cayenne pepper (or really any spice to make the dish spicy).  Ah well, that's ok, Brian and I enjoyed the sauce regardless.  I'm just glad that enjoyment was the case because I may have forgotten to ask Brian if he would be willing to try/eat the dish yesterday, as well...

The original recipe suggested a few add-ins as options, such as broccoli, tofu, chicken, or peanuts.  Feel free to get creative to add any of the above or your own concoction.

It may not be 'pad thai,' but it's the closest thing that Brian says he's bad to pad thai, so I think that's a pretty awesome accomplishment for the day...though my mood could still use some work!


Peanut Noodles
*adapted from WillCookForFriends.com

Ingredients:
1/2 lb Spaghetti
1/2 cup Peanut butter
1/2 cup Hot water
1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
2 Tbs Soy sauce
2 Tbs Molasses
Green onion

Instructions:

In a large pot bring water to a boil and salt the water.  Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al-dente.  Begin the sauce while cooking the pasta.

In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, add the peanut butter and 1/4 cup of the hot water, stirring to combine.
Mix in the rest of the ingredients, adding the remaining 1/4 cup water to thin the sauce to desired consistency.  

When the pasta is finished cooking, drain and return to the large pot.
Using a rubber spatula to scrape the sides, pour the sauce into the pot with the noodles.  Add green onions as desired and allow everything to combine over low heat while stirring occasionally with the rubber spatula.

When all noodles are adequately sauced, serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment