Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Ali Bakes: (Frosted) Candy Bar Stuffed Cookie Cups

Greetings from Finals-Finish-Land here in Terre Haute, Indiana!  The craziness is here, but somehow that means that I have the time and energy to make FOOD!  Two recipes in two days--wow!  I'll put them in separate posts, but you should be proud of my accomplishments.  (Now tell me how proud you are...haha, just kidding.)
 
I'll post the more complex recipe first so that you'll feel accomplished after reading it and then can treat yourself by going through the simpler recipe (which I'm keeping a surprise by not mentioning it in THIS post)!  However, I'm featuring the ever-so-sweet candy bar stuffed cookie cups recipe right here, right now.  I'm not sure if these lovelies will get frosted, so we'll see how much motivation I have throughout the day.
 
 
Why did I make these?  Well, first off, it wasn't all me.  Sammy was present.  And Brian was in the room (though Sammy actually HELPED, Brian kinda...didn't.  Haha).  Anyways, the wonderful Sandison staff is having its very own potluck tonight, and since Sammy and I fully believe in sweets AND we like treating our AWESOME staff...I suggested DESSERT!  (Surprised?!)  Twas fun baking up a storm.  Only 12 cookie cups resulted from the baking festivities, but there may have been some candy-eating and cookie-dough-eating along the way...
 
 
Want me to jump to it and share the decadence?!  (Sorry, I can't ACTUALLY share...)  Time to bake!
 
(Frosted) Candy Bar Stuffed Cookie Cups
*Adapted from www.kevinandamanda.com
 
Ingredients:
1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs

 
Instructions:
 
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.  Cream the butter, both sugars, and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy.  Whisk together the flour and baking soda. Next add the eggs to the wet ingredients and beat well.  Finally, slowly add the flour mixture a little at a time and beat by hand or on low speed until just incorporated.  Using a spoon, scoop batter into a regular-sized muffin tin, filling the cups about 1/3 full (a rubber scraper might be useful). Top with fun-sized candy bars. Scoop remaining batter on top of the candy bars, filling the cups. Bake for around 18 minutes or until the edges just start to turn golden. 
 
 
Allow to cool in the muffin tin and then use a butter knife to loosen and remove from tin. 
 
 
The cookie tops may come off but that's ok!  Slide them back on, and if desired, reattach with  frosting--recipe below.  (For me, there's never enough frosting!)
 
Makes 12 cookie cups.  Store at room temperature.


Buttercream Frosting
 
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Place the butter, sugar, milk and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 3-5 minutes.
 
Enjoy your cookie cups!

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment