Sunday, October 20, 2013

Ali Bakes: Graham Cracker S'mores Candy

Sammy insisted I bake for 'Sunday Dinner.'  I wanted to refuse (it was time for me to COOK!), but that's not very democratic.  So I had the dinner crew vote.  The dinner crew was wishy washy (aka didn't really confirm 'dinner'...), so I was prepared to NOT cook OR bake.
 
Things changed though.
 
Ya see, Sammy's friend Brandon visited.
 
Sammy's friend Brandon cuts hair.  And thanks to Sammy's friend Brandon, my hair is nicely trimmed of all its split ends.
 
Soooo...I baked.  And I delivered the baked goodness to Sammy's apartment, since I owed Brandon SOMETHING in return for his haircutting skills.  However...that means Sammy got her baked dessert for Sunday dinner after all.
 
She's a tricky one.  Yes, a very tricky one.
 
What did I bake, you ask?  Graham Cracker S'mores Candy.  And might I say that this treat has LOTS of butter AND sugar in it.  Diabetics stay away.  And those watching their diet.  BUT if you want a decadent dessert, THIS is the one for you!  (Not the pretties of all things I've ever made, but that really doesn't have anything to do with taste--or at least that's my claim!)
 
 
Graham Cracker S'mores Candy
 
Ingredients:
9 sheets of graham crackers
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
~2 cups mini marshmallows
~1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
 
Instructions:
 
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet (with a lip around the edges) with aluminum foil, leaving a 1-inch overhang over the ends, and spray foil with cooking spray. Line graham crackers up on the foil so that the sides are touching.  This is important for the next step.
 
 In a medium saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and mixture comes just to a boil (about 4-6 minutes). Remove from heat and pour evenly over the graham crackers. Bake 5 to 6 minutes, or until bubbly.
 

 Remove pan from oven and immediately sprinkle mini marshmallows, chocolate bar pieces, and chocolate chips over the crackers.
 
Return pan to oven for another 2-3 minutes, or until marshmallows begin to soften and puff up.
 
 
 
Cool completely. Lift from pan using foil edges; cut into bars and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment