Saturday, July 20, 2013

Ali Bakes: Flourless Cashew Chocolate Chip Cookies

It's an itch that I've needed to scratch all week.
 
Something in me just NEEDS to bake sometimes.  This was one of those weeks where it just needed to happen.  Besides the fact that there is NOT NEAR ENOUGH CHOCOLATE in the house, I've  just been kinda outta sorts, and while it's mostly attributable to my ever-so-sensitive stomach, it's also fun to blame it on my lack of time spent in the kitchen.
 
So let's remedy that.  Like now.  While the cookies are still in the oven.
 
Yep, I'm blogging before the cookies are finished.  I'm eager, what can I say.  The blog will be completed when the cookies are, too, though so, don't throw a fit.  There WILL be a review of the finished product, complete with taste test.
 
And  I've even got an un-contracted agreement from the Bruddah that he is willing to be a quoted taste-tester as well.  Now THAT sounds legitimate.
 
Dude.  It's like I'm moving up in the food blogging world.  Quoting a real customer.
 
Whoa-dang.
 
 
Flourless Cashew Chocolate Chip Cookies
*Adapted from MyBakingHeart.com
 
Ingredients:
1 cup of almond butter (or any nut butter)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
 
Instructions:
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Measure out the nut butter and add to a medium bowl.
 
 
 
Add all other ingredients except chocolate chips and stir until well blended.
 
 
 
 
Stir in chocolate chips.  Scoop with a spoon onto greased cookies sheet and bake for 14-20 minutes (not sure why it took so much longer than the recipe said...). 
 
 
 
Cool on cookies sheet for 5 minutes and then complete cooling on cooling racks.
 
 
 Enjoy your easy peasey gluten-free yet delicious cookies! 
Why not try dipping in almond milk for another extra protein boost?!

 
 The Bruddah Zach snatched one off the cooling rack, and I got his quote.
 
Here we go.  Prepare yourself.
 
"They're good," he said.
 
How bout that?!  'Good!'  Success!


No comments:

Post a Comment