Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ali Bakes: Bread Pudding with Spinach (and more!)

This post is not to focus on the food (though the food was delicious!).  This post is to notify y'all about a soon-to-be hiatus that may be of varying degrees in the next days/weeks/months--who knows?!
 
Yep, I'm bout to move.  Next Monday, to be exact.  And due to the air conditioning breaking in my apartment yesterday, I wasn't able to cook up one last dish to blog about.  (It was FAR TOO HOT for that nonsense!  Leftovers for me!)  Instead, I'll briefly describe the dishes served by myself and Brian for Saturday evening's dinner.  The occasion:  Brian's parents visiting allll the way from Michigan!
 
And a special occasion it was!  Such a fun Fourth of July weekend!  To summarize:
 
Dinner at Oasis off of Lake Travis
Fireworks viewed sporadically during CRAZY traffic on the way home
 
Coffee at Motzart's on the water
Whole Foods expedition
Lunch with Brian at the Food Bank (where he works!)
Texas State History Museum
Papa Murphy's for dinner
Amy's Ice Cream venture
Waterloo Records
Downtown exploring (and a farmer's market!)
Austin Animal Center
South Congress Food Trucks for lunch
South Congress Shops
NAP TIME!
And...Dinner!
 
Following our homemade dinner, there was also a fun outing to see the bats flock from under the South Congress bridge--and dessert to follow!

A busy weekend for sure.  And great reviews on the dinner (Thanks for the compliments, Mr. and Mrs. Church!).  I'll just post the recipes below and welcome any comments/questions.  I apologize for the lack of photos/details on the recipes--I'm telling you, it's chaotic these days!  But I will NOT give up on my culinary blogging!  So stay tuned and stay hungry!
Tomato Salad with Course Sea Salt
http://breadandoil.blogspot.com.es/2012/06/tomato-salad-with-jeans-salt.html


Bread Pudding with Spinach (Google Translator Needed)
http://o-lesyk.livejournal.com/67490.html#cutid1


Orange Chocolate Mousse
http://www.emilylovesfood.com/2013/02/18/orange-chocolate-mousse/

AND if you're interested in the protein Brian made (unfortunately I couldn't eat it because of the Italian dressing--I had catfish).


Italian Shrimp Bake
http://4kowboys.blogspot.com/2012/04/italian-shrimp-bake.html

OH!  And I must make two teensy eensy weensy comments about the mousse:

1)  SO DELICIOUS!!!  MUST MAKE AGAIN!

2)  Mousse is traditionally made with raw eggs?! What?  (Oh well!  YUM!)

No comments:

Post a Comment