Sunday, November 29, 2015

Ali Cooks: Spinach & Spaghetti Frittata

Brian's in trouble.  (Kinda but not really.)  Yesterday I really wanted pasta.  And let me tell you, the guy can make a YUMMY dish of buttery, parmesan-y, spiced pasta.  However, Brian worked during dinnertime yesterday.

My solution:  "Brian, leave me a recipe for how you make the pasta dish, and I'll give it a shot myself."

What really happened:  He forgot.

So...I was forced to dig up my own dinner recipe--which was still fun and quite delicious.  And actually, I would recommend anyone making this to consider adding a little milk/cream and some more spices/herbs.  The sky's the limit!


Spinach & Spaghetti Frittata
*Adapted from TheKitchn.com

Ingredients:
Butter (to grease pan)
Olive oil (to saute)
Green onion
2 large handfuls of spinach
Red pepper flakes
5 large eggs
Salt
Pepper
3/4 cup grated cheese
1 cup cooked spaghetti


Instructions:

Grease a square baking pan and preheat the oven to 400°F.

Warm some olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.  Add the spinach and chopped green onion, followed by some salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.  Cook until the spinach starts to wilt and then cover and turn off the heat.

Beat the eggs until well-mixed and frothy.  Add some salt, a few cracks of pepper, and the cheese to the beaten eggs.  Arrange the spaghetti evenly on the bottom of the buttered baking dish and top with the spinach mixture.  Pour the egg mixture over everything.

Bake for 15 minutes, until the eggs are set, the casserole is beginning to turn golden around the edges, and a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment