Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Ali Bakes: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cookies

This week is cookie week.

Why?

Well, because I made cookies today.  And I plan to make cookies on Saturday, too!  

Why?

Because Brian and I don't have anything sweet to eat tonight for our before-bedtime-snack, so I needed to make something delicious.

AND I was already planning to make fresh chocolate chip cookies on Saturday for a particularly exciting game night with some of my favorites.

So...I already had an abundance of cookie ingredients...why not make TWO kinds of chocolate chip cookies?!

So that's the plan.  And I'm halfway there.

I also have a secret.  I couldn't fit all of the cookie dough on the baking sheet.  So...I may have had to take one for the team and eat one of the cookie dough balls raw.

Whoops.

But...OMG IT WAS SO GOOD!


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cookies
*adapted from JustEveryDayMe.com

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 stick butter, softened/room-temp
1 tbsp sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions:

Prepare the baking sheet(s) by greasing them.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
In a medium bowl, mix the sugars and butter until creamy.  Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.  (This may take some serious muscle and patience!)

Mix the wet ingredients into the dry.  (I may have done this backwards--whoops!  Still turns out great!  Also, don't be afraid to mix with your hands!)  Gently fold the chocolate chips into the dough without overmixing.
 

Refrigerate the dough for at least 20 minutes and p
re-heat the oven to 350 degrees.  After the dough has chilled, scoop it out into small mounds and space them evenly on the baking sheet(s), leaving roughly 2-3 inches between each ball.

Bake the balls for 10-14 minutes, depending on how set you want your centers.  You can use a thermometer to make sure the centers are 160 degrees, or you can be daring and dangerous.
 
Let your dough balls rest on the baking sheet to cool at least 5-10 minutes...or not!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment