Thursday, December 19, 2013

Ali Bakes: Baked Peanut Butter & Banana Oatmeal

It's HERE!

Well...it's been here...

That's right:  WINTER BREAK!  I made it to Thursday already, and it's been...oddly difficult.  The few things I 'assigned' myself to do over break I have no motivation to do, yet I feel really bored during the day.  Odd combination of having stuff to do but not wanting to do it.  Very odd indeed.

One thing that I don't mind doing any time is cooking/baking.  (Duh.)  I made dinner last night (whoops, no pictures...so no blog post) and made myself breakfast this morning.  It was definitely a share-able breakfast, but no one else was interested, so I ate it all.  No worries though--I halved the original recipe, so while it did fill an entire small casserole dish, it really is mostly just a banana, 1/2 a cup of oatmeal, peanut butter, and almond milk (with a few other ingredients).  Regardless, I fully enjoyed every bite and may or may not be full to the point of discomfort right now.  But hey--worth it.


Baked Peanut Butter & Banana Oatmeal
*Adapted from elsbro.com

Ingredients:
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup almond milk
1/8 cup peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large banana, sliced or mashed

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine the oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a mini casserole dish or baking pan.  Whisk milk, peanut butter, melted butter and vanilla together in a small bowl.  Add banana to oats in dollops or place slices evenly.  Pour milk mixture over it and stir gently.  

Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until the top is golden and the oatmeal has set.  


Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.  


Enjoy warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment