Sunday, September 15, 2013

Ali Bakes: White Chocolate Orange Creamsicle Cookies

It's Sunday morning now (between the duty phone and my lack of ability to sleep in, that's the reality of it), and I figure that before I get to my weekend grind of homework and reading, I'll go ahead and blog finally.
 
I mean, who doesn't like to blog about COOKIES?!
 
Seriously, these cookies should be called DREAMsicle cookies.  They were YUM.  I really only had a bite of one of them (I had eaten a lot of dough though!), but I can actually attest to the yum factor.  Besides that, the apartment smelled amazing during the bake time (and after, too).
 
Why didn't I get cookies to eat up all to myself?  Because I'm a generous person!  (Haha, typically I am NOT generous when it comes to my baked sweets, but there's an exception to everything!)  It was Kristi's birthday, so I had baked the cookies last Tuesday morning for her to have and to share with staff at our area meeting.  ALSO Jeff was awesome the weekend before and did Sammy and me a favor...resulting in COOKIES for him, too!
 
Birthdays and favors.  Take note on how one acquires freshly baked goods from me.  (Just kidding, it really is random, and I actually do typically share more than I consume.)
 
But yes, white chocolate orange creamsicle cookies.  I had Brian go and buy white chocolate chips just for this occasion.  And the recipe called for a whole bag!  There is a good mix of white chocolate and orange flavor though because a decent amount of orange zest is added, too.  (Make sure to have your zester on hand!)
 
Let's hop to the baking recap--fun times!
 
 
White Chocolate Orange Creamsicle Cookies
*Adapted from LeaAndJay.wordpress.com
 
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp freshly grated orange zest
12 oz white chocolate chips
 
Get all of the ingredients out, along with your needed supplies (aka skim the recipe--I didn't have baking soda or eggs when I started out!).  Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Line two to three cookie sheets with parchment paper. 
 
In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt.
 
 
In another bowl, cream the butter and sugars with a mixer until light and creamy.
 
Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth.
 
Gradually add the flour mixture until combined.  Finally, stir in the orange zest and the white chocolate chips.
 
It worked best to use my hands to get a ping pong ball amount of dough and roll into somewhat of a ball shape. 
 
Plop these onto the lined cookie sheets, spaced with at least an inch between.  Bake for 8-10+ minutes, depending on the size of your dough balls initially. 
 
 
Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet, then place on cooling racks to finish cooling.
 
 
Enjoy!

1 comment: