Monday, November 23, 2015

Ali Bakes: Reese's Crunch Cookies

Would you believe I had an opportunity to bake with Nutella and I chose NOT to?!

Yes, tis true.  See, I really truly do love Nutella.  BUT I have come to realize that there are plenty of other emerging spreads at the grocery store that could provide some variety to my typical Nutella go-to.  So I left the choice up to Brian--and he chose the Reese's peanut butter chocolate spread.

Yes, it was a good choice as it is DELICIOUS.  I restrained myself from actually digging into the jar, but I have the below cookies to allow me to indulge in the deliciousness.

Brian's my taste-tester, and he's at work til late tonight...so I guess I'll get the official evaluation tomorrow!


Reese's Crunch Cookies
*Adapted from RockRecipes.com

Ingredients:
½ cup butter
½ cup Reese's spread or Nutella
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1⅓ cups flour
⅓ cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts

Instructions:

Cream together the sugars, Reese's spread, and butter until light and fluffy.
Add the egg and vanilla and continue to beat well.
Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.  Add to the butter/sugar mixture and fold until a dough forms.


Roll the dough into one inch balls and dunk one half of the ball into the chopped nuts.
Place the dough balls onto a greased baking sheet about three inches apart.  

Bake the cookies for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Do not over bake or the cookies will be brittle (and nobody wants that!!!).

Want one?  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment