Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Ali Cooks: PB&J Pancakes

I'm a little behind here.

See, I made pancakes on Sunday (as that obviously makes the most sense).  BUT I haven't stressed myself out about blogging about them.  It's nice to just save the photos, save the memory, and blog about it when it needs to happen.

Tonight feels about right.  Just chillin and enjoying my evening.  Why not share some pancakes?  I mean, I polished off the last one as a post-dinner snack (Have I ever mentioned that I like cold pancakes?  These ones are especially good if you dip them in chocolate sauce!).

Also, I really love peanut butter lately.  Such an important food group for me.  Protein deliciousness.  I put it in the pancakes.  I spread it on the pancakes.  These pancakes are all about Peanut Butter (and jelly).


Peanut Butter & Jelly Pancakes
*Adapted from HowSweetEats.com

Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs, well beaten
2 cups milk
2 Tbs oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbs peanut butter, melted
Jam or chunky/fruity syrup

Instructions:
Stir together the dry ingredients. Add the eggs, milk, vanilla, and oil. Stir until the dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in the peanut butter. Cook on a preheated frying pan until bubbles form and the edges start to dry. Flip and cook until lightly browned. Smother in as much jam/fruit syrup as you choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment