Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Ali Bakes: Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies

Are you sick of me talking about the contest I entered?  Your answer is either "What contest?" or "YES."

But hey, I want to be a potential winner.  So I figure reminding people that I entered a contest is kind of important.  It's a NASCAR contest, so anyone who really truly knows me knows that I would like to win.  It's to be a flag waver at Michigan International Speedway.  So yeah, I'd like that job for a day.  

Will I win?  I don't think so.  Would I like you to help me try?  Yeah, that'd be nice.  Judges decide among the top 10 entrants in votes who will win the honor of waving the flag on Race Day.  But I have this theory that the more votes I get, the more likely judge would pick me.  It would also be cool if there were some kind of consolation prize...I'll let y'all know ;)

But please, please, please click the following link and vote on your computer, laptop, phone, and/or tablet because each device can vote once every 24 hours--so that's a lot of potential votes!

Voting ends by the strike of midnight on Friday.  Here's the link:  http://bit.ly/1Hcr1lJ

And now, let's get onto something chocolatey, fudgy, and topped with peanut butter!


Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
*Adapted from BeckyBakes.net

Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Peanut Butter Topping:
1 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey

Instructions:

Heat oven to 350°F.  Grease a 8 x 8 inch baking pan.  Stir together the butter, sugar, and vanilla in bowl.  Crack the eggs individually in a small bowl, beat, and add to the mixture one by one.

Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in another bowl.  Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating until well blended.  Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.  Bake for at least 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick comes out not
quite clean.  

Cool the brownies completely in the pan.  For the peanut butter topping, stir together the peanut butter and honey.  Spread over the cooled brownies.  Devour!  ...and store in the fridge for a whole different brownie-eating experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment