Sunday, December 13, 2015

Ali Bakes: Peanut Butter S'mores Bars

These little demons are DELICIOUS.  And yes, the 'demons' are the s'mores bars.

They're demons.  Because I want to eat them all.  They're demons.  Because eating them all would give me a stomachache.  (I have been able to control the demonic urges thus far, but it has been downright difficult.)

And I must say that these s'mores bars were EASY.  Yes, very truly.  And way easier than I thought.  (Don't ask me why I thought they'd be challenging...I just did!)

Now, I could up my game and make them a little more difficult by making homemade marshmallows (which I've never done before, but I know it's possible because Brian has done it before).  I'm wondering this:  would it be hard to pull off MINI homemade marshmallows?  Not really ever having worked with homemade mallows before, I may need to find out some time...

But for now, I bought mini marshmallows.  Speaking of which, I have a ton leftover and need to find a use for them...hmmm....

*Side note:  I'm just now realizing that I was supposed to use A LOT more marshmallows than I did...whoops.  I think I was supposed to use somewhere around 5 CUPS instead of the 1 cup I used.  Again...whoops.


Peanut Butter S'mores Bars
*Adapted from IdleWife.Blogspot.com

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 Tbs sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup butter, melted + 1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup (or more) mini marshmallows

Instructions:

Grease an 8x8 or 9x9 rectangular baking dish and set aside.  In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt together.  Add the melted butter and stir until the graham cracker crumbs are thoroughly moistened.  Press the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish and set aside.

In a medium sized pot, melt the margarine and peanut butter together.  Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips until they've completely melted into the peanut butter mixture.  Allow the mixture to cool to the point where you can comfortably place your hand on the bottom of the pot (be careful not to touch it too soon).  Add the marshmallows and stir to coat.  Spread the masrhmallow mixture evenly over the graham cracker crust and put the whole thing in the fridge until fully set. Cut into squares, and enjoy!  It's best to keep these refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment