Friday, April 25, 2014

Ali Bakes: Super Moist Chocolate Chip Muffins

Hello Lovely Readers.  It's been over a month since we last connected in the blogger-verse, and I'm excited to share my latest creations that were baked just yesterday!  (I know right--I'm blogging about something I cooked/baked only one day after I made it.  Completely surreal.  But true.)
 
See, the story is that I didn't sleep well Wednesday night.  I tossed and turned and woke up a few times.  I remember that 4am rolled around, and I was wide awake at that point.  I still stayed in bed for a good couple hours, but at some point, I decided that enough was enough.  There were two eggs in the fridge that needed to be used up, and what better time than the present?!  I hopped out of bed and made an executive decision that baking superseded going to the gym that morning.  I still put on my workout clothes though (it's all about the mindset, right?!).
 
By the time Brian woke up, I was loopy.  I was obviously tired, even though it was 11am, and because I'm completely inconsistent with how I measure, the chocolate chip muffins I was baking ended up being all different sizes, requiring a double batch (typically 24 dozen muffins) making 30 muffins for me.  And since I only own one muffin tin, I had to rotate it through three times.  Needless to say, I ate way too much muffin batter (in my opinion, it's better than any other batter) and also got way behind on my typical morning routine.  No time for a shower!  Barely enough time to eat some fruit (complemented my breakfast of muffin batter so well)!  I wasn't late to my 10am meeting (yes, it  takes me hours to bake 30 muffins...), but I sure did feel frazzled!  And tired!
 
At the end of it all, 30 muffins made it to my practicum class for my classmates to enjoy.  Brian didn't take one before he left on his weekend trip (I swear I offered!), and I didn't take one before class, but my classmates seemed to enjoy them.  They wanted to know what the special occasion was...and the fact that I had insomnia and two eggs to use up seemed like a dumb reason.  So I told them it was my Dad's birthday (which was true!).  Muffins for everybody!  I even had enough for my LPA's  to munch on during our meeting that evening.  AND lucky Brian gets one saved for him for when he returns home on Sunday.  (I am such a nice person.)
 
Wanna know how to whip up these yummy muffins for yourself?  Read on!
 
 
Super Moist Chocolate Chip Muffins
*Adapted from riceandbread.com
 
Ingredients (for about 30 muffins):
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla
 
 
And now:  go forth and BAKE!  But...not in at the cost of getting sleep, ok?


No comments:

Post a Comment