Sunday, October 18, 2015

Ali Bakes: Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

I literally made this dessert weeks ago.

No, it didn't last this long.  Basically....I just DIDN'T BLOG ABOUT IT until now.

Now it is 7:15AM.  I woke up at 6:30 (normal weekday wake-up time)...and of course decided that I should commit to actually getting up and taking Bailey out since I was technically 'up.'

My problem?  When I'm up, I usually don't go back to sleep.  Maybe a nap is in order for later.

ANYWAY.  I didn't blog.  Life has been go-go-go lately.  Moved into this apartment here in the city, and have been loving every minute of it, but it leaves little time to commit to blogging.  I intend to change that though, especially after Brian complains to our internet company about the slow internet speed.  (And life will be EVEN BETTER for blogging once I have a tablet and not my super-slow computer.  But that's a topic to take up with Santa.)

So yes, these delicious little bars are long gone.  The bottom line:  They were simple and delicious.  Brian says he makes a similar dessert that he calls Reese's Bars.

So whatever you call them, just take the ten minutes required to whip these up, be patient while they set in the fridge, and then enjoy.  We had some leftover to share during our apartment-warming party, and I think they were well-enjoyed then, too.



Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
*Adapted from TheWannaBeChef.net

Ingredients:
3/4 cup peanut butter
7 Tbs butter, divided
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
10oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions:

Using a double boiler method (glass/ceramic bowl over pot ofboiling water), melt 6 tablespoons of butter along with the peanut butter until completely liquid.

Add the powdered sugar into the peanut butter and butter mixture and mix until completely incorporated.  Press the peanut butter mixture into a square brownie pan.


Melt the chocolate chips and remaining tablespoon of butter together (using the same method described above) and mix.  Pour this over the peanut butter layer.


Refrigerate until the chocolate has set.  Cut into single servings and devour.


No comments:

Post a Comment